Sunday 10 May 2015

Alcúdia :)

Hi there!
How are you? I’m allergic and now it is the worst time for me because all the time I have runny nose. My mother calls me Rudolf. Do you know why?....I have a red nose, a very big, red nose. This is annoying….

In this post I want to write about tourist centre in the North of Majorca, Alcúdia. This amazing place is a large resort popular with families and couples due to the fine sand beaches, as well as the exquisite Old Town.  

The name Alcúdia derives from the former Muslim Al Kudi. The city was funded in 1325 by King Jaume II on the site of the islamic settlement. During the next 4th centuries pirates attacked the city several times. This situation affected the slow depopulation of the city. In 1779 a decision was taken to support the city by constructing a harbor. This decision had a positive impact on the development of Alcúdia.


The hardbor of Alcúdia


Today’s city preserves the charming medieval street layout. The remains of Roman houses and an amphitheatre are narrow and irregular. Also, we have to remember about high architecture value of these monuments.

The Old Town 
Finally, I would like to say that Alcúdia is perfectly restored and monuments, views are breathtaking.

See you later,
Kamila

P.S.

I booked a flight to Majorca!!! The sun and beach is what I love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment